One of the most common issues that doctors encounter at their clinic is low backaches. These pains often arise from strain, injury, or displacement in the lower back's muscles, bones, or tendons. Also, the pain can range from mild to severe, which can make daily activities difficult.
Mostly, mild lower back pain resolves within a short period. However, if you feel a severe ache, you should visit experts to receive the best Low Backache Treatment in Jaipur. It is essential to check if the cause of your pain is something critical.
Symptoms of Low Back Pain
There are a few symptoms of low backache.
- Mild pain around the waist
- Shooting and burning sensation in the muscles
- Pain spreading towards the legs
- Worsening pain when you bend, twist, lift or walk
Causes of Low Back Pain
Many causes contribute to low backache.
- The strain of a muscle or ligament by repeated heavy lifting or a sudden uncomfortable movement.
- Injured discs can increase the pressure on a nerve and friction among the bones.
- Arthritis is also one of the factors for low backache problems.
- Osteoporosis is when the bones become brittle, causing painful fractures. It is another reason for pain in the lower back.
- Diseases like tumors in spines, infections, and cancers can also cause back pain.
- Accidents are a major contributor to backaches. A sudden slip or fall can cause a low backache. It is vital to get checked by specialized experts like Himanshu Gupta to avoid serious complications.
- Spondylolisthesis is a disorder in which the spine's vertebrae fall out of order. It causes low back discomfort and, in some cases, leg pain.
Back discomfort can affect anyone, from children to adults. These factors may increase your chances of having back pain:
- Age- Back discomfort becomes more common as you age, beginning around the age of 30 or 40.
- Lack of physical activity- Back discomfort can be caused by weak muscles in the back and abdomen.
- Weight- Your back comes under additional pressure if you are overweight.
- Diseases- You can be more prone to back pain if you have arthritis and cancer.
- Heavy lifting- Back pain can result from using your back instead of your legs during heavy lifting.
- Psychological problems- Low backache appears to be more common in people who suffer from despair and anxiety.
A specialized expert like Dr. Himanshu Gupta will go through your symptoms and ask about your family's medical history. You may also be suggested to run a few tests to understand your issue.
- Imaging Tests to get a better understanding of the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and vertebrae.
- X-ray, which uses radiation to create images of the bones of the spine.
- CT scan, which creates three-dimensional images of bones and soft tissues using X-rays and a computer.
- MRI creates images of bones, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues using a magnet and radio waves.
- Electromyography (EMG) is a test that examines nerves and muscles for neuropathy (nerve damage) for the lower back.
- A myelogram is a computed tomography (CT) scan of the spinal canal to look for problems.
- Lumbar discography is used to test patients with back pain who have not responded to nonsurgical treatment.
- Some back pain problems that are genetic can be detected through blood tests.
- Kidney stones, which cause pain in the sides of the lower back, are checked through urine testing.
Lower Back Pain Treatment Options
Since there are a variety of causes, Low Backache Treatment in Jaipur is also plenty. Most backaches go away within a few days or hours. Rest, hot and cold compressions, over-the-counter pain relievers are effective for less severe pains.
- Medications- To treat the pain, your doctor may suggest prescription drugs.
- Physical therapy- This procedure helps your muscles maintain your spine by strengthening them. Also, it increases flexibility and aids in the prevention of further injuries.
- Chiropractic adjustments- In case of any problem of alignment of the spine, you may require adjustments by hands from chiropractors.
- Surgical procedures are for cases where the pain is spreading towards the leg or a compressed nerve. Top neurosurgeons in Jaipur perform surgical procedures like Himanshu Gupta only when patients have pain caused due to structural problems. For example, patients with narrowing of the spine and herniated disc who haven't responded to treatment require surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Himanshu Gupta?
Dr. Himanshu Gupta completed his fellowship in neuro endoscopy, making him a great option for Lower Back Pain Treatment in Jaipur. He is also one of the experienced neurosurgeon in Jaipur experts due to his extensive knowledge of the brain and spine. Moreover, Dr. Gupta is also a well-known Neurosurgeon in Jaipur with MBBS, MS, and DNB degrees in neurosurgery from prestigious institutes.
He is also a famous member of the Neurosurgeon Institute of India and was a senior registrar at Medanta-The Medicity in Gurugram. Dr. Gupta specializes in minimally invasive spinal surgeries as well. In addition, he provides consultations at reputable hospitals and has successfully handled various brain and spine treatment cases throughout the years.
Most Asked Questions:
You can prevent low back pains by maintaining a good body weight and strengthening your abdominal muscles. Moreover, you should lift weights using your legs and not your back.
You should visit a doctor if your back pain persists after a couple of days. Also, if you feel the pain radiating towards your legs, visiting a doctor is a must.
You can try exercises that strengthen your core muscles and their flexibility. That will prevent you from getting pain in the lower back. However, you can try stretching if you are already facing problems in your lower back. Also, if it does not go away, then you should visit a doctor immediately.
Low backaches hindering your daily life activities? Book a consultation with one of the top neurosurgeons in Jaipur. Expect personalized treatment plans and care from Dr. Gupta and his experienced team.