Brain Hemorrhage Surgery in Jaipur
Hemorrhagic Stroke or intracerebral hemorrhage is a major type of medical emergency with a high fatality rate and needs immediate treatment. Patients must go to a well-trained neurosurgeon who holds high knowledge and experience in cases for cerebrovascular conditions like acute stroke. A notable mention here is Dr. Himanshu Gupta, a board-certified expert in brain and spinal surgery, practicing in Jaipur, India.
The main responsibility of the surgeon in case of brain hemorrhage is to conduct a thorough examination first to determine if surgery is necessary. The best neurosurgeons primarily consider the health condition and age of the patient first, brain damage extent, and any neurological deficit. They also regard the area of the hematoma/hemorrhage early.
What is a Brain Hemorrhage?
The term “Brain Hemorrhage” means brain-centric bleeding, and it is also called intracranial hemorrhage or brain bleed. It is important to give immediate attention and treatment when a person suffers from this medical emergency to reduce the chances of extreme brain damage or death.
During hemorrhage, the leaking blood locks within the surrounding skull which results in brain tissue damage and compression. Another cause of hemorrhagic stroke is if any of the cranial blood vessels burst or leak, which results in bleeding.
In the worst-case scenario, excessive bleeding causes severe compression. At this time, the blood full of oxygen cannot glow to all the brain tissues, leading to cerebral edema or swelling. When the pressure increases highly, the brain cells get no oxygen, and patients face death. The total mass of the pooled blood is called a hematoma.
Types of treatments for brain hemorrhage
In the context of Brain Hemorrhage Surgery in Jaipur, there are various types of procedures available. Dr. Himanshu Gupta in particular is trained in multiple of them and performs them for his patients. To note, he conducts the surgical procedure after checking various symptoms and the health history of each patient. The following are the main treatment options available.
- Decompression Surgery- Skilled neurosurgeons like Dr. Gupta utilize this method to relieve intracranial pressure. The procedure involves repairing the injured blood vessels and removing the pooled blood from the brain cavity. The draining process decreases the overall amount of pooled blood, which gives immediate relief. In consequence, patients face limited secondary brain damage.
- Coiling/Clipping- In the case a person has an AVM or ruptured aneurysms, the brain specialists choose these types of procedures. Mostly, this accompanies other treatments, like decompression surgery.
- Craniotomy + Open Surgery- Dr. Gupta and other skilled neurosurgeons opt for the open surgery plan to remove the hematoma by themselves after cutting a part of the skull open. Then, they surgically repair the blood vessels. This is best for cases where the size of the hematoma is very big. Also, in case the hematoma is putting pressure on the brain stem, i.e., the main controlling part of the brain that handles critical body functions, this surgery is necessary.
- Endoscopic Evacuation- The neurosurgeon would drill into the patient's skull. Later, they guide a camera-guided instrument called an endoscope into the head. They reach through the small hole and reduce the bleeding.
- Simple Aspiration- Here, the Neurosurgeon in Jaipur drills a small point into the skull. Through that, he enters a narrow catheter or rubber tube to drain the pooled blood. Patients get in minimal non-invasive surgery to remove targeted parts of the brain hematoma. However, it is not always successful to remove all of the pooled blood.
- Stereotactic Aspiration- Dr. Gupta utilizes CT (computed tomography) scan to view the hematoma region first. Then, he uses a specialized suction tool to drain out the bleeding. Patients have an immobilized head frame on their heads. This helps the neurosurgeon proceed with this task precisely.
First Signs of Brain hemorrhage
People notice particular symptoms when they have internal bleeding in their brains. These include:
- A sudden drop in their blood pressure
- Low body temperature
- Weakened pulse
- Continued dizziness
- Loss of consciousness
Causes of brain hemorrhage
Dr. Himanshu Gupta first checks for the causes of the condition to determine the right treatment plan for each patient. Localized bleeding occurs when the artery ruptures in most situations. The common causes include:
- Head trauma
- Liver disease
- High blood pressure
- Brain tumor
- Sickle cell anemia/hemophilia/other blood-based issues
If you have a brain trauma of some kind or there is bleeding in the skull region, visit the best neurosurgeons for Brain Hemorrhage Surgery in Jaipur, like Dr. Himanshu Gupta.
Is it possible to recover completely from a Brain Hemorrhage?
Indeed, this condition is an emergency medical situation that needs prompt attention, medication, and surgery to repair.
As for recovery, that depends on how critical the hemorrhage originally was, how much swelling happened, and the hematoma size. Dr. Gupta and other neurological specialists would suggest many healthcare steps for after-surgery care. How you follow these pointers and how your body responds to the treatment would determine how soon you can recover from the hematoma.
If a person has an acute stroke, then controlling the blood pressure can decrease hematoma. Doctors maintain a 120-130 mmHg systolic blood pressure for the patient during the initial 24 hours. This way, the functions of the brain can improve faster.
Dr. Himanshu Gupta is trained in such circumstances and can ensure quick recovery for patients.
Why should you contact Dr. Himanshu Gupta?
Dr. Himanshu Gupta is one of the leading brain and surgery experts in India. The acclaimed Neurosurgeon holds MS and MBBS degrees in General Surgery and DNB Medanta (Neurosurgery). He has expertise in endoscopic neurosurgery and specializes in various other neurosurgery procedure variants.
Common cases he handles include disc replacement surgery, spinal trauma management, spinal injury treatment, spine surgery (minimally invasive techniques), spinal cord pain treatment, and spine neck pain/black pain surgery. He uses his skills to treat conditions related to the brain, skull, spinal cord, headache, neck pain, back pain, and bony spinal column.
Moreover, the Neurosurgeon in Jaipur possesses training, knowledge, and experience in advanced technological procedures for brain surgeries like hemorrhage. He is one of the most trusted certified specialists in Jaipur for brain/spinal injury repairs and treatment and offers his services at user-friendly prices.
Need quick and efficient diagnosis and treatment like brain hemorrhage surgery? Contact Dr. Himanshu Gupta as soon as possible to limit harsh complications and increase your recovery pace. Book your appointment now!