Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur: Neck pain is a common issue that most people face during their lifetime. Necks are supported by the vertebras emerging from the skull to the upper torso. Surrounding muscles and joints support them to enable movement of the head. Any injury to the muscles, ligaments, or bones can result in neck pain. These pains are usually sprains or stiffness, which are temporary.
It is rare for these pains to indicate any other symptom of an underlying issue. However, if you suspect anything, reach out to an expert for neck pain treatment in Jaipur. It is essential to rule out the cause in the early stages and detect if it is more than chronic pain or inflammation.
Symptoms of Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur
There are only a few symptoms of neck pain.
- Tightness in the neck muscle and spasms
- Inability to move the head
- Worsened pain when the head is not moved for some time, for example, while driving
Causes of Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur
Tension and strain in the muscles-
Poor posture while sleeping, keeping the head bowed or towards any direction for too long causes strain in the muscles. Also, you can get pain and stiffness from exercises.
Any form of injuries such as accidental falls, or sports can move muscles or bones out of their place. The displacement of the muscles, ligaments, and bones causes pain and inflammation. Visit experienced professionals like Dr. Himanshu Gupta in such cases.
A sudden jerking motion of the head can also be responsible for a neck injury.
Inflammation of the tissue surrounding the brain and spinal cord can also be a reason for experiencing a stiff neck. Since this can be dangerous, it requires the attention of the best Neurosurgeon in Jaipur.
With age, the cervical discs start to degenerate, narrowing the space between the vertebrae. That adds stress to the joints and can cause neck pain.
A disorder that causes muscle discomfort throughout the body, particularly in the neck and shoulders.
Compression of the Nerves-
Nerves branching out from the spinal cord might be irritated by herniated discs or bone growth in the vertebrae of your neck.
Risk Factors - Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur
Although neck pains are mostly temporary and can be treated at home, certain risk factors are too. When the pain does not go away after a week of taking medications, you should consult experts like Dr. Himanshu Gupta. Also, you should consult the best Neurosurgeon in Jaipur if you experience:
- Severe neck pain that is immobilizing
- A lump in your neck
- High fever accompanied by headache
- Nausea and vomiting
- Swollen glands, trouble in breathing or swallowing
- A feeling of weakness, numbness, or tingling
- Pain from the neck moving towards your arms or legs
- Inability to look down and touch your chin to your chest
- Dysfunction in bowel or bladder accompanied by neck pain
Diagnosis - Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur
Experienced professionals like Dr. Himanshu Gupta go through your symptoms and medical history. They may run a few tests to diagnose the cause of your neck pain.
- Imaging Tests- To get a better view of your vertebras, doctors may prescribe imaging tests.
- X-rays- X-rays can indicate places in your neck where degenerative changes may be pinching your nerves or spinal cord.
- CT scan- CT scans combine X-ray images from a variety of angles to provide overall cross-sectional views of your neck's interior components.
- MRI - MRI creates complete images of bones and soft tissues, including the spinal cord and nerves that branch from it.
- Electromyography (EMG)- The best Neurosurgeon in Jaipur may suggest an EMG if they feel that a pinched nerve is causing your neck pain.
- Blood Tests- can also reveal the presence of inflammatory or viral disorders contributing to your neck pain.
Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur Options
- Physical Therapy is a type of treatment that involves a physical therapist who can teach you proper posture. In addition, neck-strengthening exercises, heat and cold, electrical stimulation, and other techniques to relieve discomfort are also performed.
- Electrical Nerve Stimulation is another method of treating neck pain. Electrodes implanted near sensitive parts of the skin send out tiny electrical impulses that may help ease the pain.
- Traction is another therapy that only specialists like Dr. Himanshu Gupta perform. This therapy can relieve some neck discomfort, mainly if the pain is caused by nerve root irritation.
- Surgery is one of the last options for Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur. The two most common surgeries for neck problems are:
Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF) Where the doctors remove a problematic disc in the cervical spine. Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR) replaces the injured disc with an artificial disc to relieve neck pain.
Why Choose Dr. Himanshu Gupta For Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur?
Dr. Himanshu Gupta is a board-certified Neurosurgeon in Jaipur who specializes in spine and brain surgery. He has a DNB in Neurosurgery, an MS and MBBS in General Surgery, and a Fellowship in Neuroendoscopy. In addition, he is a former Senior Registrar with super-specialty training in treating the spinal cord, brain, spinal column, and skull.
He employs his practical knowledge to provide therapies to patients suffering from issues related to the brain and spine. He provides consulting services at reputable hospitals and has dealt with several cases of Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur.
FAQs - Neck Pain Treatment in Jaipur
You can avoid neck pain by making certain lifestyle choices. Among these lifestyles options is frequent stretching, staying hydrated, and avoiding physical activity that puts undue strain on your neck.
One of the most effective ways to relieve painful necks and backs is to use a heating pad. Heat can help relieve pain from strained or overworked muscles.
If you are facing any issues with your neck which is preventing you from leading a normal life, consult Dr. Himanshu Gupta. Book an appointment to receive excellent advice and personalized treatment options for your issue.