Brain Clot Removal Surgery
Brain Clot Removal Surgery in Jaipur: Clotting of the blood is a natural process by which the body prevents blood loss through cuts and wounds. Platelets and fibrin, two of blood's components, are responsible for clotting. However, sometimes there might be solid gel-like clots in the blood apart from where it should be.
Blood clots can be static or even move around the body through arteries and veins. A fixed blood clot is referred to as a thrombosis, while a moving clot is commonly termed an embolism. The clots can be a threat to life, depending on where they are situated and how severe they are. Clots that occur in the brain's venous sinuses are called Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis of CSVT.
Many certified professionals perform brain clot removal surgery in Jaipur. It requires experience and precision to remove the solid mass of blood cells carefully. Therefore, only trained experts like Dr. Himanshu Gupta should perform such surgeries to eliminate the risks associated.
What are the Causes of Brain Clots?
Brain Clot Removal Surgery in Jaipur, Brain clots can develop with and without external impact on the head. Some of the most common causes of brain clots are:
- Trauma to the head or neck can result in the formation of blood clots in the brain. When bleeding occurs between the skull and the brain, blood clots form in the brain. To halt the bleeding, the body produces a clot, putting pressure on the surrounding brain tissue. Thus, blood clots outside can break away and become trapped in the brain after a head injury, resulting in an ischemic stroke.
- Traveling blood clots from other parts of the body can block a blood vessel. The moving clot directs the brain to an embolic stroke or cerebral embolism. Before reaching the brain, these traveling clots are more likely to cause damage to other regions of the body.
- Atherosclerosis or narrowing of the arteries can raise a person's risk of having a clot in the brain. As blood is pumped through hardened arteries, they are in danger of ripping. That can result in a clot forming in the injured area.
- Inflammation of a vein increases the risk of clots. Caused by a bacterial infection in the vein, the blood flow is reduced to the surrounding area. Thus, these injured areas are more likely to leak, which could result in a clot.
- Oral contraceptives can also induce brain clots. Women who have a history of blood clots and smoke while using contraceptives are exceptionally high at risk of having blood clots.
What are the Symptoms?
When blood clots form in the brain, several symptoms can occur, ranging from headaches to difficulties speaking, depression, and an Ischaemic Attack.
Headaches caused by a blood clot are usually located on one side of the head. Coughing or sneezing can aggravate them, and they can limit head movement and physical activity over time.
- Problems in communication
Slurry words and trouble speaking are two other symptoms. That is more noticeable if the clot is on the left side.
- Coordination problems
Transferring objects from one hand to the other may be particularly hampered due to the lack of coordination.
A blood clot can produce seizures that last up to two minutes. Those that last longer could indicate a more significant problem.
Diagnosis of Brain Clot
Brain Clot Removal Surgery in Jaipur: Depending on the location and type of clot, the condition will be assessed differently. Specialists like Dr. Himanshu Gupta start by going through the medical history. Several tests can be done in order to know the location and the seriousness.
- A physical examination.
Your doctor will do a variety of tests that you're already familiar with, such as listening to your heart and taking your blood pressure. A neurological exam will also be performed to see how a probable stroke is impacting your nervous system.
- Tests on the blood
Several blood tests may be performed, including ones to determine how quickly your blood clots, whether your blood sugar is too high or low, and whether or not you have an infection.
- CT scan
It is a computerized tomography that creates a detailed image of the brain by using a sequence of X-rays. A CT scan can reveal brain bleeding, an ischemic stroke, a tumor, or other issues.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
An MRI can also reveal brain tissue damage and brain hemorrhage caused by an ischemic stroke.
Brain Clot Removal Surgery in Jaipur
The most commonly used procedure is the Burr Hole Drainage for brain clot removal surgery in Jaipur. The use of general anesthesia is required for the treatment. At the treatment location, the patient's head is shaved and properly positioned the head, an antibiotic solution is applied to prevent infection. Furthermore, a small incision and puncture are made in the skull with a specific surgical drill. The clot is revealed after the skin is removed. The region is drained completely with tubing to remove the blood clot and any excess fluid. Then, the incision is then closed once this is completed.
Why Should you choose Dr. Himanshu Gupta?
Dr. Gupta is one of the esteemed Neurosurgeons in Jaipur who owns various certifications such as MBBS, MS, and DNB in neurosurgery from reputed institutions. Also, Dr. Himanshu Gupta has a fellowship in the neuro endoscopy program. Moreover, his extensive knowledge of the brain and spine made him one of the top consultants in neurosurgery at Jaipur Indus Hospital.
Dr. Gupta is one of the reputable members of the Neurosurgeon Institute of India as well as he was the senior registrar of Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram. Dr. Gupta specializes in minimally invasive spinal trauma, damage, spinal cord injury treatment, and spine fixation. He is also proficient in disc replacement surgery, spine back pain surgery, and spine neck pain surgery, among other things. Moreover, his authority over brain-related issues makes him skilled in treating brain clot removal surgery in Jaipur.
If you are looking for an experienced professional to perform brain clot surgery, Dr. Himanshu Gupta is the best person to go to. Expect an all-under-one-roof diagnosis and treatment for your problem.