Headache Treatment in Jaipur: Headaches are common conditions faced by almost every individual during their lifetime. They can be extremely uncomfortable and hinder daily activities. Moreover, there are different types and causes of headaches. Sometimes, they can also indicate other diseases or conditions in your body.
Headaches can be mild or short-term, while some may face long-term chronic ones, such as migraines. Migraine is the third most prevalent disease globally, with about one in every four households suffering from it in the US.
Therefore, it is best to book an appointment with verified and experienced specialists to diagnose and treat such conditions. In India, many certified experts like Dr. Himanshu Gupta minimize and treat severe headaches. They study the patient's medical history and recommend the appropriate treatment.
Symptoms of Headaches
There are a few common symptoms of headaches that people face.
- Before a migraine, you may experience a range of symptoms. A change in mood, for example, being grumpy, is another indication of headache. Other symptoms include constipation and yawning.
- Muscle strain and fatigue are also prevalent in headaches
- One of the most common causes is a visual disturbance. Some migraine sufferers see blind spots (scotomas), see geometric patterns or flashing, bright lights, or lose eyesight on one side (hemianopsia).
- Migraine headaches make most people feel nauseated. During a migraine, most people become sensitive to light (photophobia) and sound (phonophobia).
- For tension-type headaches, the symptoms include feeling a band sitting around your head tightly and can even spread down the neck
- In cluster headaches, the headaches are focused around one area of the head. It can be around one eye, causing a stuffy nose or tearing.
- Migraine pain is mostly one-sided and feels like a pulsating pain. Migraines have various triggers such as stress, anxiety, bright lights, strong smells, and even a lack of sleep.
Causes - Headache Treatment in Jaipur
Signals from the brain, blood vessels, and surrounding nerves interact to cause headaches. A mechanism activates certain nerves that impact muscles and blood vessels during a headache. The brain receives pain signals from these nerves, causing a headache.
- Migraines are considered to be the result of unstable nerve cells reacting to a variety of conditions such as light or sound
- The poor sleep cycle can cause fatigue and lead to headaches
- Looking at any electronic screen can cause strain to the eyes causing headaches
- Emotional stress or disturbances can also lead to the onset of headaches
- Eye, neck, or back strain leading to pain in the head
- Changing patterns in sleeping or eating
- Weather changes also cause headaches
- Excessive consumption of alcohol also results in headaches
Diagnosis - Headache Treatment in Jaipur
Proper diagnosis of headaches is essential by experts, to begin with, the right treatment plan. Visit one of the top neurosurgeon in Jaipur to ensure the same. Firstly, talking to a doctor about the symptoms is crucial to indicate the type of headache. Apart from that, the frequency and the triggers should also be mentioned to the doctor explicitly.
In addition, the doctor should also be aware of the medical and family history of the patient. Only severe conditions are required to conduct special diagnostic tests like MRI or CT scans. These tests are done to look for issues within the brain that might be causing headaches.
Treatment Plan for Headache Treatment in Jaipur
Different types of headaches require specific treatment plans to reduce and control the symptoms. A particular headache treatment may not necessarily provide relief to two patients who report their pain in the same way. Hence, treatment plans are also different for different types of headaches.
- Tension-type Headaches
The majority of tension headaches can be managed with over-the-counter medicines. These do not require an extensive treatment plan to address the symptoms unless too severe.
Migraine treatment aims to reduce symptoms while also preventing future episodes. Knowing the triggers and avoiding them is a great way to prevent migraines. For severe migraine episodes, only trained professionals like Dr. Himanshu Gupta should be trusted.
- Cluster Headaches
Cluster headaches can be effectively treated using injection medications. Moreover, clogged and stuffy noses can be relieved using nasal sprays. Some Headache Treatments in Jaipur can also include treating with oxygen via masks. In addition, prescription medications are also recommended.
- Medication-overuse Headache (MOH)
To treat the headaches caused by the overuse of medications, experts like Dr. Gupta recommend discontinuing such medicines. Furthermore, the use of preventive medications is suggested, along with the usage of acute medication within the stipulated time.
Why Should you choose Dr. Himanshu Gupta For Headache Treatment in Jaipur?
Dr. Gupta is one of the best Neurosurgeon in Jaipur, who holds valuable certifications and degrees from reputed institutions. MBBS, MS, and DNB in neurosurgery are some of the degrees that he owns. Furthermore, Dr. Himanshu Gupta has been a consultant of neurosurgery at Jaipur Indus Hospital. Also, he has completed a fellowship program in neuro endoscopy and has expertise and knowledge over the brain and spine.
One of the most prominent neurosurgeons, Dr. Gupta, has the ultimate solutions for Headache Treatment in Jaipur. Moreover, he is also a prestigious member of the Neurosurgeon Institute (NSI). In addition, he is also the former senior registrar of Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram. Dr. Gupta is an expert in performing minimally invasive spinal trauma, spinal injury, spinal cord injury treatment, and even spine fixation. Apart from these, he is skilled in disc replacement surgery, spine back pain surgery, and spine neck pain surgery.
FAQs: Headache Treatment in Jaipur
Yes, migraines are mostly hereditary as it is hard to trace someone who does not have a family member with a migraine.
When the headaches become uncontrollable, emergency care and observation is required. It is necessary to visit ER rooms when the pain does not respond to the medications and increases with time. Moreover, if it leads to vomiting or nausea, fever, loss of balance, weakness, unclear speech or confusion, you should immediately reach for help.
If you are looking for the absolute treatment of the root cause of your headache as well as any other ailment related to it, contact Dr. Gupta. You will receive the best diagnosis and treatment of your problems.